Tuesday, June 28, 2016

A Good News Day and a Card


Finally some good news to share. The dreaded heat and humidity left last night about 8:00 and was replaced with some very comfortable temperatures……A/C off, windows open! The really good news is that my sister was finally released from the hospital today and she looks better than she has in weeks, maybe months. She’s been through so many ordeals its hard to list them all but she has a fighting spirit and a great attitude so she bounced back once again.



Tonight I decided to make a birthday card for my teenage grandson. I didn’t like the first one; Joe really didn’t like it for Joven at all….more for an adult male, than a teenage boy he thought. I made another one but it looked more for an adult too. I messed around with another idea….to immature. Groan. Teenage boys are so hard to make a card for. I started another one but by then my muse had given up on me so I quit too.



This is one card that did turn out just as I wanted it too. Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference.

 


This is the second piece of designer paper that was in my stash….trouble is I found two more but I put them away for now. This one used up some more of the stash as well. The image is from Inkadinkado. When our local scrapbook store was renting stamps out this is one that I stamped multiple times; coloured them; and then set them aside;….and forgot about them. Every once in awhile I find them and use a couple and then forget about the rest again. I’m almost out though and if I see this stamp in a store somewhere, I’m buying it. Love it. This time it was die cut with a Spellbinder’s rectangle die and then their scallop rectangle die for the burgundy cardstock. The banner was hand cut and then the peel-off sentiment was added. It needed a little more embellishing so clear sequins were added.

That's all for a lovely Tuesday day.

Cheers

Violet


2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear the good news about your sister Violet! I hope continues to be well...

    Yesterday we had a nice reprieve from the humidity... such a difference it makes. Ofcourse its due back today..uuughh..

    I have eyed that stamp in the store many times and not bought it..Its beautiful. And seeing you use it in a card makes me feel i may not be able to resist it next time...lol I have a butterfly and a dragonfly done in the same manner but not the hummingbird..... Beautiful card my friend. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. so good to hear your sister is home again. Great job on your bird again.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...