Wednesday, June 22, 2016

A Left-Over Card


Yet another beautiful day here in Ontario. I don’t have much to say because other than watering the garden; trying to finish some quilts and make some cards; and visiting my sister in the hospital, I don’t have time for anything else.



Yesterday I posted a card using a piece of an 8”x8” designer paper. The left over piece was used in this card.

 


For the card base, instead of using the pre-made white ones from Michaels, I took a piece of 8 ½” x 11” heavy cardstock that was white with a pinkish marble design on it and cut it in half to make two card bases, 4 ¼” x 5 ½”…..stay tuned for the other card made with this card base. This rectangle was all that was left of the designer paper because I used the top part to die cut the butterfly used on the other card. So, I inked the edges of it, glued it to a piece of pink cardstock that was cut just bigger enough to leave a 1/8” border and glued it to the card base. The circle was die cut with a Spellbinder’s die and glued off to the right of the rectangle…..I didn’t want to cover up too much of the designer paper! Then the flower was attached with the dimensional foam tabs that came with it….but I added some more for stability. The flower came from the same element pack that was on yesterday’s card….a great dollar store find. A simple design but I rather like it. It could be used for many occasions and I just may leave it blank for that reason.



That’s all for a lovely Wednesday,

Cheers

Violet


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...