Friday, June 10, 2016

Flowering Fields Stamped Card


Yet another beautiful day here in Ontario – cool in the evening and early morning but warmed up nicely by noon. We were so busy yesterday I totally forgot to post a card…..and almost missed today too but thought I better post it now while I’m thinking of it or it will be forgotten again.



This card was made by one of my new stamp sets from Stampin’ Up. Love this set….Flowering Fields.

 




Everything was stamped on water colour paper but I think regular cardstock would work just as well. I coloured the stamps with both Tombow Markers and plain old Crayola washable markers….$2.00 for a box at the dollar store! I wanted the centre flowers to be highlighted so I coloured the leaves to make them solid instead of open which brings the eye right to them. The little butterflies came with the set so I stamped three of them (odd numbered items work best) and coloured them in with Tombow markers. Then various Distress Inks was sponged around the panel with Distress Mustard Seed right in the middle as if the sun was shining down in that spot. The sentiment was stamped with Archival Ink on a piece of velum and although glued down I used two yellow flower brads to make sure it stayed in place. Glitter ribbon was wrapped around the velum as well.....love my glitter ribbon.



That’s all for a lovely Friday. Have a wonderful weekend everyone!


Cheers

Violet




2 comments:

  1. What a lovely design Violet! So much thought went into this card. i love how you describe your thought process... That vellum really adds something! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful card! so cheery. Was it stamped in black? I have the same one, I like it a lot. When I used it I stamped it in black all on the same block. You do great work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...