Friday, July 8, 2016

Have A Blast Card


Well we had a couple of very busy days here….very hot and humid ones too. Our youngest grandson came for an overnight ‘sleepover’ (as he calls it) whiles his mom and friends went to a concert over in Michigan. We had a ball with him. He is one funny, smart, inquisitive and well-behaved boy. Here is our Finn.








The first thing we did was drive to Rondeau Park to deliver them this moth:






…….that unfortunately died in our front lawn on Tuesday. It is a Polyphemus Moth, one of the largest moths there is and not seen on a regular basis. I had the good sense to retrieve it and put it in a baggie and emailed the naturalist at the park to see if they wanted it for a display and they were delighted that I did so.



It was my oldest grandson’s birthday this week and I find it hard to make cards for teenage boys….mainly because I don’t have a lot of boy or teenage boy stamps. This was my initial card idea that I came up with.




It started out as a one layer card background. I used my new Stampin’ Up grunge stamp to stamp the splats and grid marks and then blue ink around the edge, yellow in the middle. Then I took another piece of white cardstock, stamped the sentiment and candles and sponged on more yellow and blue ink. To hi-lite it I punched the decorative border on one side of a piece of navy blue cardstock. It needed something extra so I took out some alphabet stamps and stamped the “Have a Blast” on another piece of white cardstock and inked the edges with blue and yellow ink. I thought I was done but it looked a little blah yet so this is what it looked like when I was really done.



Even though everything was already glued down, I took out the splat stamp and stamped it in red here and there. What a difference! Now I like it and I just might make some more similar to this one for my friends to enjoy.



That’s all for a hot and humid Friday, July 8, 2016.



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference.



Cheers

Violet






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...