Friday, September 9, 2016

A Fancy Border Card


Another hot day today and the rain is holding off until tomorrow……and we couldn’t put off getting the grass cut another day so out we went this morning to get it done! Yikes, was it hot. Joe cuts the grass and I dig out the dandelions and crab grass (we don’t use chemicals here); trim the tree if needed and do any gardening. It was a waste of time putting sunscreen on my face because I kept wiping it with a paper towel. I do not understand why hubby’s face does not sweat and it drips off mine. So annoying.



I absolutely had to go to the library late this afternoon so I made a stop at the nearby local scrapbook store – The Paper Pickle – who was having a tax free night. There is some big extravaganza thing going on downtown that they are participating in but I skipped the other stores – too pooped to wander up and down the street. I picked up a few things on sale; did a make-and-take and received a free goodie bag. I haven’t checked out the contents of the goodie bag but I did see a full 6” paper pack and some ribbon plus more goodies. Nice.



Today’s card is another one using my new Spellbinder’s Creative border die and a Power Poppy Stamp.

 


 This was coloured with Tombow markers; blended with plain water. A Wink of Stella was used over the flowers to give them some shimmer. The light blue around the flowers is chalk. This time I focused on the orange poppies so I used some orange under the cut away part. First cut was the white under the flowers. Then the orange was cut and glued underneath leaving room for another white border to glue in. This was all mounted on a piece of black cardstock….and yes, the centre was die cut out to be used on anther card…. and then the who thing was glued to a white card base. The gold sentiment is a peel-off.



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know. Thanks.



That’s all for a hot Friday, September 9, 2016. They are still predicting 90% chance of a thunderstorm to start the weekend tomorrow but Sunday should be nice. Have a wonderful, safe and creative weekend everyone.



Cheers

Violet


1 comment:

  1. Love what you achieved with the TomBow Markers Violet! Pretty , pretty card. Our storms are expected to arrive between 2-4am... i hate when they come thru in the middle of the night... I like to see whats coming and whats happening... not that i will but i like to think i will...lol Its a cold front coming thru... tomorrows high is 77 YES! tomorrows low.... get this... 52 YYYEEESSS! ofcourse we warm back up again but i'll take it.. Be safe. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...