Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Too Hot and Too Humid


This hot and humid weather is wearing me out – even though I’m in an air conditioned house because it seems to sneak in somehow. Of course, part of the reason is because my two brain disorders do not like this type of weather, especially thunderstorms (we have been under a thunderstorm warning most of the day), so it’s a double whammy of not enjoying the weather. Hopefully only one more day of this intense heat and humidity before it cools down a bit. It was actually hotter here in Ontario than in Miami Florida today!



I tried to finish some quilt tops today but my sewing room was very hot too – even with a fan blowing. Of course one of the things my brain disorders absolutely hate is cold air so I have the fan outside the room so all it does is move the hot air around…I had to keep turning the lights off and leaving the room every so often to let it cool down a bit. I’m not much of a winter person but I’ve had just about enough of this summer weather this year! I did get a scrapbook layout finished and other photos organized and ready to scrap though so it was not a totally wasted day.



If you follow my blog at all you will know that I seldom use a sketch – I prefer just to wing it and see what happens. But there are occasions when a sketch is part of a challenge and last week Scrapbook and Cards today had such a challenge…… so I followed their sketch and came up with this card.

 


All the paper and the flower are from my stash. The background paper had pink; blue and lime green so I pulled other paper from my stash that matched it. The stamp is from Inkadinkado and was just stamped in black. Some of it was coloured in with alcohol markers. The trail looked blah even with the bits coloured in so I added some colourful small gems with larger ones on the far left per the sketch. It also had to be a thinking of you card with the sentiment where it is. I used a peel off on hand cut labels.



Well, I didn’t like it. Too much bling for me but I know a couple of my friends always pick the card with the most bling and glitter so I will offer it to them. I didn’t like it well enough to submit either but I did make another card based on the sketch. I’ll post it tomorrow.



That’s all for a hot and humid Wednesday, 2016-09-07



Cheers

Violet






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...