Monday, October 17, 2016

A Halloween Card


Happy Monday everyone! This day started really early for me. I woke up at 4:15 and could not get back to sleep. By 6:00 I was up and eating breakfast. Long day! Our hydro was out for 2 hours this morning because they were upgrading the equipment by our house. I had no idea what I was going to do but luckily for me, my friend Jane stopped in for a visit and for some reason the time just flew by. A good friend to the rescue. After lunch I was able to finish the quilting on a quilt for my honourary daughter so the day was not spent catching up on my sleep at all….which crossed my mind after lunch but I shook it off and got to work.



Today’s card is another Halloween card. This one was made for the 9 year old grandson.
 


I had some Halloween strips left over from a Tim Holtz 6” paper pack so I made them into banners, inked the edges and used them up. The background paper is also from the T.H. paper pack but I stamped the bones and then made them whiter with white acrylic paint….they are lying on the grass behind the fence. Not sure I like them now but once they were there, they are staying. The spider was stamped in black but it wasn’t dark enough so I went over it with a black marker, and put red in the centre. The spider web is from a Inkadinkado stamp set (and the spider too I think) and it was stamped with black ink and then, once it dried, I painted on glitter glue. Yes, I painted on the glitter glue. I squeeze some out on a piece of plastic and use an old paint brush to brush it on – it’s more even and I have more control. To draw the line from the web to the spider, I just used a ruler and fine Bic pen. The fence was die cut from black cardstock and glued down. I picked this one up at our local scrapbook store, The Paper Pickle, when it was on sale and I really like it. If its die cut in white, it could be used for other occasions. Once everything was glued down and dried it was glued to the orange card base.



There is a new card maker in the family! My youngest grandson, Finn, who is six, designed and made a card with a large dragonfly on it. The dragonfly lifts up so you can write a message underneath of it. Clever. My daughter sent me a video of him showing me the card and how the dragonfly lifts up. So cute!....and yes, he's the one that informed us in August that he was an 'artist'....he could be right!



That’s all for a sunny, windy October day, 2016-10-17

  

Cheers

Violet






1 comment:

  1. it was so nice to catch up again with you even if you couldn't make me coffee. I made a few cards tonight so my exchange student can send one to her mother for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...