Thursday, December 8, 2016

It's Snowing...and more Christmas Cards


It had to happen – it’s snowing here and doesn’t seem to want to stop. The roads were very slippery this morning and of course, people do not want to slow down just because it’s snowing.  They never learn it seems. I used to be an auto claims adjuster so trust me; some drivers are very slow learners!



Yesterday I spent the day at my friend’s house using her long-arm quilting machine and I actually quilted a full queen size quilt in one day. Incredible! She saved me about 2 weeks worth of work. I took home one of her quilts to hand stitch the binding on for her….which took me 3 ½ hours! It was kind of a win-win situation for both of us.



Today I’m posting the other two Z-fold cards. The complete details of how to make one are on the previous post so I won’t repeat it here. I’ll just point out any differences.

 


Refer back to the first Z-fold card I posted and you will see the red Merry Christmas sentiment glued on the card. It came from this piece of cardstock! Then I die cut it again in white cardstock and added into the negative space. Just be sure to save the little bits for the middle of the ‘h’, ‘y’, ‘e’, etc. I simple put scotch tape behind the negative space so when I laid the white die cut sentiment down, it stuck. Then I added snowflakes. Card done!

 


For this card, I added more of the die cut trees to cut down the red a bit. This grandson is only 6 so he got the Santa on his. I wanted something different for the back ground so I die cut the Memory Box village in white cardstock leaving a long bottom and glued it on an angle. Santa’s hat blocks the other houses but they are there. Then the sentiment was stamped in red and I added one snowflake to the front. Card done!



That’s all for a cold and snowy Thursday, 2016-12-08

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know. Thanks.


Cheers

Violet




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...