Saturday, January 19, 2013

Season's Greetings

Busy Saturday! After breakfast was over and dishes done (we don't have a dishwasher so I'm the dish washer, Joe's the dryer) Joe decided he felt like getting out of the house and asked me if I had any errands  to run. So, first he drove me over to Fabricland so I could stock up on needles and thread. Fabricland is closing in our city (big pout) and I go thru scads of needles and thread when quilting and making Halloween costumes. If I'm making a good quilt I want fabric from the quilt shop but for kid's quilts and Halloween costumes and pj's, stuff from Fabricland is fine so I'll miss it for that the most. They had everything 50% off today so I stocked up. I hate paying full price for anything! I didn't bother even looking at fabric. First of all, I really don't need anything and I'm trying to use up my stash and secondly, the line-up to get fabric cut was way too long - not worth it with, especially with a hubby sitting in the car. So after running the other errands and had lunch (more dishes) we went for an hour's walk and as soon as I got home, I whipped up a rice pudding and got it in the oven. Whew! Busy day for sure.

Today's card is yes, another Christmas card, courtesy of a sketch from Merry Monday's blog (http://alwaysplayingwithpaper.blogspot.ca).

About a week or so ago, I posted a card that had the cut out from this paper used. I just knew that if I cut it out in the right spot, I could use the rest of the paper on another card and this week's sketch was perfect for it. The image is from Stamping Bella and coloured with Prismacolor pencils and gamsol. Then I went over it with a VersaMark pen and sprinkled on clear embossing powder to make the cup and candy cane shiny. I went over the swirl with a Tombow marker, then added some glue and glitter. I die cut a smaller fancy circle (Peony die from Spellbinders) in a dictionary type paper and placed it behind the original cut out space and  then glued on the image - and then ran a gold leaf pen around the edge of the inner cut to highlight it. The notched labels are from left over pieces and after gluing them down, I added the gold lines and sentiment which are peel-and-stick. I pretty much followed the sketch this time.

5 comments:

  1. Way to think ahead so you could use the extra piece. It worked out perfect. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cool, you have done a great job with the sketch and I really like the colours and image you used. Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card, I love this image I really need to ink it up. Thanks for the inspiration and we are so glad you could join us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the gold details. Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful tea cup you've created, Violet! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday! It's good to see you again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...