Friday, December 9, 2016

Snowy Cards


It’s definitely winter here now – more cold weather and snow predicted for the next few days. Groan. We are so ‘summer people’ and not so much winter people at all.



Today’s cards were an experiment that actually worked. They were both made the exact same way but with different colours. One is much darker than the other one.

 





The first thing I did was to stamp a variety of snowflakes  and small dots on plain white cardstock with Versamark and white embossing powder and heat set them. For the first card I tried sponging Stampin’ Up Night of Navy over the snowflakes but it just didn’t give me the look I was going for so I switched over to Distress Inks – Faded Jeans; Broken China and Dusty Concord. The colours were sponged on and the edges were blended. Then I ran a soft cloth over the embossed areas to remove any ink that was sitting on top. A silver peel-off was used for the sentiment and on one I added a little silver scroll peel-off and three silver trees. They were ‘okay’ but I decided it needed some bling. So a silver glitter snowflake was die cut and glued on top of the one bit embossed snowflake and a gem was added in the middle. There are always small bits of peel-off left over and there happened to be some silver dots on one sheet so I added them to the centre of the mid-size snowflakes and some here and there as well. Now they were a little more than ‘okay’ so I called it finished.



That’s all for a cold and snowy Friday, 2016-12-09



Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...