Monday, February 13, 2017

First Christmas Card for 2017


We just had a very wet weekend with just a bit of snow thrown in now and again...thank goodness it was rain and not snow. However those east and north of us got blasted with a snow storm and the Atlantic coast really got hit hard.  I got hit hard with the brain disorders so I didn’t go out at all. I did manage to make a few cards though. One of the dies my friend lent me was a Christmas die and here’s the card I made with it.




It meets the requirements for this challenge.
http://www.happylittlestampers.com/2017/02/hls-february-christmas-challenge.html

I wasn’t sure how this die even worked so I just cut it with a piece of white cardstock and found out the petals all cut out separately. So, I then die cut and embossed the petals only; twice. in red cardstock. Of course I had to have something behind the die so I opted for this Christmas paper from a 6” paper pack I picked up at the dollar store last year. The background paper covering the card base is from the same pack. But when I laid the red designer paper on the other paper it didn’t pop so I mounted it on white cardstock and then I liked it. The poinsettias leaves were glued down and then I added some small hole-less micro beads in the centre. I think it turned out okay.



Comments are always welcome. Let me know if you like my cards or offer some suggestions for future cards.



That’s all for a cold and windy Monday, February 13, 2017





Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.


2 comments:

  1. Such fun patterned papers you used for this card. Love that glittery poinsettia die cut and that center is wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing at Happy Little Stampers February Christmas Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hank you so much for entering our Christmas challenge at Happy Little Stampers this month. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.



    Best Regards,
    Neha Parab
    Happy Little Stampers DT
    Completely Handmade... {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...