Friday, February 10, 2017

Poppy Card


Brrrrr! Yes, brrrr again! Very, very cold wind blowing today which really brings the temperatures down. However, it’s going to do another flip tomorrow with above freezing temperatures. Such an odd winter, weather wise. We braved the cold wind to run some errands and get some groceries today though….we do love to eat! The grocery store we frequent the most is at the edge of town so farm fields all around it so the wind is really strong out there. This area of Ontario is flat – flat like the prairies! No hills here unless man-made. I miss the hills too….except for driving up them in the winter.



Today’s card was repurposed from an old greeting card. I don’t usually use them in this way but the poppies were so pretty I couldn’t resist using it instead of throwing it in the recycle bin.

 


It was die cut with the oval die and then glued onto the smaller black fancy oval and then on to the large red fancy oval…..all dies are Spellbinders. I searched high and low for some background paper and rejected all pieces from the stash. The only one I liked was the one I used and it meant cutting up a 12”x12” piece….but nothing else looked as good with it so I , gulp, cut into it. Before gluing the background paper to the card base I ran that black ribbon with the white edge vertically and taped it to the back. Then I glued on the focal image and then the black bow. It took me longer to decide to cut into that 12” piece of designer paper than it did to make the entire card. Dark Stickles were added to the centre of the flower and three dark dew drops were added to the oval. The dew drops were clear and tinted with alcohol ink.



That’s all for a very cold and windy Friday, February 10, 2017. Have a wonderful weekend everyone.



Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.


1 comment:

  1. Hello my dear Violet!!! Well for just how chilly you are is just how warm we are... In the 60's F today and tomorrow almost 80F !!! Crzy!!
    Windy too.. don't like warm dry and windy... thats fire warning weather...

    Love your poppy card!! I would have tried to recycle that too! Yours came out beautiful!!

    I'm pooped... looong day... finishing up the plumbing on our house.. then rush to town for some parts and help sister in law fix her frig, then spend the next couple hours helping the neighbors hang insulation in their new house... We sure know how to do that huh?!! :) Thank goodness i had some left overs for supper tonite because i'm too pooped to cook..

    I look forward to your next beautiful card Violet!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...