Wednesday, February 8, 2017

The Bowler Card


Yesterday’s weather could only be described as ugly. It started to rain in the middle of the night and continued off and on all day. It was a cold rain that bordered on freezing rain here and those further east and north of us definitely had freezing rain – nasty stuff. The only good thing is it got rid of all the snow. I spent the day finishing the quilt I’m making and donated to the Friends of Rondeau at Rondeau Provincial Park for their 2017 fund raiser. It’s my fourth and favourite one I’ve made for them so far – photo to follow next week.



Tonight after supper I went down to the lower studio (aka the basement) and cut out a few images from dies my friend Jane lent me. We quite often exchange dies and stamps to try them out before we decide to invest in them ourselves. So much fun!



Today’s card was made with the Art Impression bowlers stamp set.

 




This is a great stamp set! This male bowler comes as a separate stamp and it was coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol. I now have some Derwent coloured pencils as well as Prismacolor pencils and they work well together so from now on I will just refer to them as pencils. Actually the Prismacolor ones have a tendency to keep breaking which is really annoying so as I replace colours, I may switch to Derwent.



Sorry, I regress; back to the card. All the paper is from the stash. The wine strip was run through a narrow Cuttlebug embossing folder which really added some interest to the card. The bowling pins come with the set as well so I just stamped; coloured and hand cut them. They are added with tiny dimensional strips. The sentiment is also part of the set but it is flat. The beauty of clear stamps is you can bend them a bit to make them fit on a circle. The large white and blue circles were die cut with Spellbinder’s dies and the stitched circle die is from Stampin’ Up.

This made a nice masculine card – which are not the easiest to come up!



That’s all for a cool, dreary Wednesday, 2017-02-08





Cheers

Violet



Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...