Wednesday, April 5, 2017

A Monocrhromatic Card


So far today all we had was a sprinkle of rain….but that could change over night because they are predicting 90% chance of a thunderstorm….and more rain tomorrow….and possible snow showers on Friday! April is definitely giving us rain showers.



Today’s card is a little different than the cards I normally make. I usually do lots of layers but this one is a single layer monochromatic card.

 


I was in the mood to do something different and this was the result. I took a piece of white cardstock and printed the swirls (Dollar store stamp set) and butterflies and sentiment (HOTP) in Stampin’ Up Rich Razzleberry Ink. Then I used a sponge and sponged on the same colour, which went on lighter automatically. Then I used an old toothbrush wet with water and sprayed across the card. This ink doesn’t pool quite as nicely as Distress Ink but it did provide some light spots for texture. Then I added a butterfly (Memory Box) out of some similar coloured cardstock. It was different but I liked it okay.



That’s all for a cloudy and ‘getting-ready-for-a-thunderstorm’ Wednesday, 2017-04-05.

  

Cheers

Violet




1 comment:

  1. I LOVE single layer cards Violet... Infact if i'm making a card its usually what i make...This turned out lovely! After several warm days it turned cool on us again... Highs in the 50's and lows in the 30's for a couple days... you know i'm in heaven..lol made chilli yesterday in honor of the cool weather..lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...