Friday, May 26, 2017

Vintage or Blue????


This has been a very cold and rainy May. I’m sure hoping June is nicer. Joe is still down with a cold and I’m still fighting this odd virus that I’ve had for two months now…..and yes, I have called the doctor again and will go in for a scope of my throat to see if they can tell why I have a very mild sore throat and laryngitis for over two months!



My cousin is having a birthday in July and as usual, I always make a few cards ahead of time and then decide which one suits her best. She is another sewer and now a quilter so I came up with two cards with sewing accessories but not sure which one I like the best. I’m hoping for a few comments to help me decide.



Here is the first one I made – very vintage looking.




This is a 5.5 card. They don’t cost more to mail in Canada by the way. I started with a piece of white 5x5 cardstock that was marked every 1 ½” from each corner and drew light lines. Each section was masked off with paper and items stamped in Stampin’ Up Early Espresso and then Stampin’ Up Crumb Cake was sponged around the edges and some into the sections. Then Early Espresso was inked around the edges of the card. Then the brown ribbon with the pink stitched lines was glued on. I was thrilled when I found the ribbon in my stash – perfect for this card design! The sentiment was computer printed and then I stamped the label, cut it out and sponged more Crumb Cake around it. It was adhered with dimensional strips. Then it was glued to a 5.5x5.5 beige card base.



But then I decided to make another one in dark blue. Same procedure but with a few variances - it is mounted on a white 5.5x5.5 card base and I started with a 5 ¼ square instead 5” and narrow navy ribbon and a different way to make the sentiment.






So, please vote. Which one do you like the best? Do you like either of them? I’m okay with constructive criticism.



That’s all for a cool and still damp Friday, May 26, 2017. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and remember, be kind, always!



Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...