Monday, September 4, 2017

Christmas Card on Labour Day


Labour Day! The official end of summer! All the kiddies go back to school tomorrow. My grandchildren all love school just as all my daughters did so they are actually looking forward to it.



We are currently under a severe thunderstorm watch – 5:00 pm – but I’m hoping it is not as severe as they think it could be. It’s already very windy so we shall see.



I’ve been down in the lower studio (aka the basement) doing some scrapbooking this afternoon. I’m just as slow scrapbooking as I am card making!



Today’s card is one of the Christmas cards I made last week using a die my friend Jane lent me last year. I die cut a few of these flowers but never used them on cards. When I came across them last week I decided to use everyone one of them up that I had die cut. I believe it is a Memory Box die but I could not find it on their website so likely retired.




I used some papers from a 6” paper pack; trimmed down to 5 ½”. This poinsettia was die cut from gold cardstock so I trimmed a very small 1/8” strip from the sides of the cardstock and glued them to the edges of each red piece. The petals of the poinsettia die cut separately but this time I decided to glue them back into place. The sentiment and star are from peel-offs. Gems were added to the die cut flower and along the strip behind the flower – it is all one piece! Red Stickles was added to the centre of the star. You will be seeing several cards using this die cut poinsettia but in totally different ways.


That’s all for a windy and potentially stormy Monday, September 4, 2017.



Cheers

Violet




1 comment:

  1. That sure is a pretty die Violet and what a pretty card you made from it... Stay safe with the thunderstorms... We are expecting a front to come thru during the night.... and much cooler behind it... Hope it doesn't come thru with a bang.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...