Wednesday, November 22, 2017

A Very Different Christmas Card


It’s only November 22, 2017, and I’m already sick of winter! I’m definitely a summer lover! Bring on the heat!

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving in the U.S.A. so Happy Thanksgiving to all there. The Canadian thanksgiving is in October. And wherever you live, find something to be thankful for and enjoy the day.

Today’s card is really different than anything I’ve ever done. It was an experiment using up some bits and pieces that I actually quite like it.


It all started when I was looking through my Christmas stash of bits of paper and found this Tim Holtz deer I had die cut and never used. It is the same paper as the middle one but I sponged ink over it to change the colour. The other paper is from an old 12” paper pack that I’ve had for years…except for the top piece which is cream coloured one that I applied some dots to in the same ink as the deer was coloured with. I took two other pieces and die cut them with a Spellbinder’s curved die…that I seldom remember to use. The music one in the front had a piece left over so I ripped it and added it behind the first two. All the edges were inked; arranged the way I liked them; edges trimmed even and then it was glued to a Kraft card base. The gold sentiment; holly around the deer’s neck and small gold dots are peel-offs. Like I said, it’s different, but I like it.

That’s all for a cold and windy Wednesday, November 22, 2017.

Cheers
Violet
Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...