Wednesday, December 20, 2017

A Woodsy Birthday Card


Most of the snow is gone except where it was piled up…but short lived as we are expecting more. In fact tomorrow could be a mix of rain, snow and freezing rain. I do believe I’ll be staying home tomorrow!

Today’s card was made as a birthday card for my son-in-law but I do believe it could easily be a Christmas card as well simply by changing the sentiment.

 

The background is two pieces of left-over paper that was glued together and then cut on an angle to fit the standard card base. A die cut rope (Memory Box die) was added over the seam. The Memory Box window frame die was die cut from an old Christmas card…and it was almost discarded. I like to die cut two pieces of cardstock at a time …usually an old card in the bottom and the new piece on top….because it embosses the top piece that way. I threw the cut card out and then immediately retrieved it. I liked the different colours – looked woodsy! – so I decided to go with a woodsy theme.

First I die cut just the top and bottom of the window frame in small pieces of that light brown cardstock; trimmed them off; ran them through a wood grain embossing folder and then ran dark brown ink over the top of the embossed bits. Then these were glued over top of the die cut window frame….just to add some extra texture and interest.

The picture behind the window frame is from another discarded card. Plastic was placed behind the die cut window frame to give the look of glass. I just use the plastic wrapping from embellishment packages for that. The deer is a die cut and dark ink was sponged around the edges and a dot for the eye was added. The sentiment is a peel-off.

That’s all for a pretty nice mild Wednesday, December 20, 2017.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.






1 comment:

  1. OOOooo Violet what a pretty and unique card! I really like that one... I'm a little partial to deer... :) There are whispers of snow in the forecast for here next week... Fingers and Toes crossed!!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...