Friday, December 29, 2017

Four Cards; Four Looks


The bitter cold weather continues and to add insult to injury we had another couple of inches of snow overnight….more shovelling the driveway today! After lunch it was time to take down the tree….which takes me most of the afternoon because I like to put every ornament and decoration that comes in a box, back in the same box. The rest get wrapped in tissue or bubble wrap and put into shoe boxes to keep them safe….yes, it’s another Virgo thing! Then when I took the Santa welcome sign off the door I remembered that my skating snowperson sign that was done on a piece of slate flew off in a storm last winter and broke so I started to paint another one….started, but not finished. It’s too cold in the lower studio…aka the basement…by about 4:00 or 5:00 in the afternoon. Hopefully it’ll be warm enough down there tomorrow during the day to get it done.

Today I’m featuring four cards because they are all very similar but you can see how changing the embellishments give them their own entire look. These were all made using the Memory Box window frame die. The picture is an old greeting card that I reused instead of throwing out in the recycle bin. I put a piece of plastic behind the window frame to mimic glass.




For this card I stamped the sentiment using Archival ink because I was stamping on plastic. The flower is from a set I picked up at the Dollar Tree – actually I picked up about six sets as they were so nice I couldn’t resist them. The bow is sheer ribbon I tied in a simple bow. 


This time I die cut an extra piece of the bottom of the frame and glued it on with a dimensional glue strip to act like a window box so I could insert the flowers and ferns. First though I sponged some blue and purple Distress ink lightly over the window frame. The flowers were punched and moulded with a gem glued into the centre. The ferns were punched with a Martha Stewart punch.  


 The first two cards were thinking of you cards so I made two birthday cards using a different, but similar greeting card. The sentiment and embellishment on the window box are peel-offs. 


Same basic idea  was used to make the flowers but small pearls were added to the centres instead of gems. I added a die cut scroll and a leaf branch instead of ferns. The sentiment was stamped and embossed with white embossing powder. The tag was die cut with an old Cuttlebug set on white cardstock and I sponged on some blue and purple so it matched the background. The simple bow was died and a pearl added to the centre.

 I just have a hard time making all the cards the same! Even if its just the embellishments that are different, I’m happy.

 That’s all for a cold and snowy Friday, December 29, 2017. Have a fun and safe New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day…..I would celebrate if it ended around 10 or 10:30 but I seldom see midnight! See you next year!!!!

 Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.


1 comment:

  1. I just LOVE those bluejay cards Violet.. I love bluejays.. i have about 4 or 5 that frequent the feeders... they are loud noisy birds but i love them.. They especially come around if i have suet out.. I spent some time painting today myself and was pretty chilled by the time i came out of the studio.. It stays bearable in there but certainly not warm.. But i made lots of headway on hubbys picture.. whew! It feels so good to be making progress on it.. I can't wait to see your new slate painting..please share won't you ? Happy New Year to you.. we might make midnight but not always.. Stay warm! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...