Wednesday, December 27, 2017

New Technique Card


Well, Christmas is over for another year. Hope everyone enjoyed the day. It was pretty quiet here as we had no family home this year....and we had a major snow storm Christmas Eve which definitely put a damper on things. 
Brrrr. It is bitter cold here again today. The high for today is

-13C (8.6F) but it feels like -21C (-5.8F). Tonight it is going down to the -21 and will feel like -28C (-18F).

This is how I feel about winter:




I found this on the Internet and it is exactly how I feel about winter. I’m very much a hot summer person! Hubby hates winter more than I do! We have to force ourselves to go out in the winter.

I have one more Christmas item to show you before I post today’s card but I didn’t make it – my very crafty/artistic 7 year old grandson, Finn, made this.  


 Love it! He’s quite the boy.

Today’s card is one I made using what I call the squish and turn technique.

 

I smeared some Distress inks on piece of plastic that I keep on hand for these techniques; squirted water on them; rubbed my fingers through them a bit to blend…just a bit or you will get brown mud colouring…laid a piece of white cardstock on top and twisted it a bit. Picked it up and let it dry. I sort of wanted a landscape scene and this one turned out pretty good for what I wanted. So, I stamped the bare tree – Inkadinkado stamp – some falling leaves from a very old Stampin’ Up set and some birds and bushes. Tied the ribbon around it; mounted it on black cardstock and then on the mauve card base. The sentiment is a peel-off.

That’s all for a bitter cold Wednesday, December 27, 2017.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...