Monday, January 8, 2018

A Frog Card


The bitter cold weather finally moved on…finally! It has been the coldest three weeks of my life. Of course, as predicted, the warmer weather brought more snow and some freezing rain. It was actually warm enough this afternoon to have some of the snow melting. We also finally left the house to run some errands and get some groceries.

A friend of mine asked me to make her a card for her grandson but I couldn’t remember how old he was. I haven’t been able to go down to make cards while it was so cold so this morning I actually finished a couple. Here’s one of them.




Another friend of mine gifted me with a few stamps that she didn’t want including this cute frog stamp. At first I wondered if I would ever use it but it turns out I’ve used it a ton of times. There is no manufacturers name on the block so I have no idea who made it.

The frog was coloured with pencils; blended with gamsol; covered with VersaMark using their pen; heat set with clear embossing folder; and then cut out. The Happy Birthday circle was die cut out of black. Then the blue was die cut and another circle was die cut to match the circle of the sentiment die. That way I could position the frog so it looks like he was climbing out of the circle. The background was made by sponging on various Distress Inks and then splattered with water to get those lovely circles. I made a few other cards for boys as well and I’ll post them another day.

That’s all for a mild Monday, January 8, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...