Friday, January 5, 2018

Sending Warm Fuzzies!


Good news – the bitter cold weather is going to end this weekend with temperatures right around the freezing mark! At 3:00 am (yes, middle of the night) it was -20C (-4F) and felt like -32C (-25F).and dropping!

Bad news – the warm weather is bringing in a major snowstorm!
I’ll be a happy camper when spring comes!

Today’s card is with a now retired stamp from Art Impressions but it may be available on their website until supplies last. I just ordered a few more of them from there….their shipping rates to Canada is only $15.00 whereas Spellbinders charge the same to Canada as to Europe. I had also picked out about 10 small dies from Spellbinders site that totalled about $104.00 and they wanted $49.50 to ship them. Ridiculous.  Order cancelled.

Anyway, end of rant, back to the card. 


I used this stamp in so many different cards. The image was coloured with pencils; blended with gamsol; as per my favourite way of colouring images. I sponged some yellow chalk around it and light brown by her slippers. This time I simply ran a piece of blue cardstock through the big dot embossing folder for the background piece; die cut an oval – Spellbinders die; and glued the image behind the opening. It’s mounted on a yellow card base. The banner was hand cut and the sentiment came from another stamp set. This should bring a smile to the recipient’s face…at least I hope so.

That’s all for a bitter cold Friday, January 5, 2018.

Have a wonderful and safe weekend everyone and I’ll be back on Monday with another posting.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.






1 comment:

  1. Aaaawww.. thats so cute Violet... i bet theres alot of us out there that need warm fuzzies right now..brr.... We are having a 'warm ' stretch...At least we are above freezing which feels pretty warm right now.. lol I'm so glad you found a place that has better pricing... $50 for shipping .. thats just nuts..

    Most things i buy i get from Amazon... I have found them fairly reasonable. My sister in law has a 'Prime' subscription with them so we get free shipping on most things.. I think she pays $99 a year for that but she buys online alot so the free shipping pays itself off quickly.. I hope you don't det buried in too much snow :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...