Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Two Cards Today


Snowing again! Yup, more snow; more cold weather; more bitter cold winds! I had to venture out today in spite of the weather because I had a dentist appointment, which went well, but by the time I ran a few errands and got some groceries the streets were getting slippery and I was so glad to be home. I could be the only one shovelling the driveway too because Joe reached the wrong way doing housework yesterday and wrenched his back so he’s laying low today. It too k him about 15 minutes to figure out who to get out of bed this morning so he’s definitely not shovelling snow.

Today I’m posting two cards.  The first one was made by our local Stampin’ Up dealer, The Pampered Stamper, as a thank you card for an order I placed. She leaves them blank so we can actually use them, which is very nice.

 

 I really liked the card but I don’t have any of those stamps so I used a variety of my own stamps and came up with this one. 


I don’t use a lot of thank you cards so I used a thinking of you sentiment instead. The swirls; leaf and flower stems are from three different stamp sets. They were stamped with VersaMark ink and then heat set with black embossing powder on Kraft cardstock. They were coloured in with a yellow alcohol maker. It was then mounted on black cardstock and then on to a yellow card base. I think it turned out okay.

That’s all for a very bitter cold and snowy Wednesday,  January 3, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.








1 comment:

  1. i love the way you used what you had to come up with something similar from what she sent you.. Very clever of you Violet! I think they are both very pretty!

    Oh no... poor Joe!!! Alvin went thru a bout of bad back pain about a month ago.. took quite a while to feel better.. Wishing Joe all the best and i'll be thinking of you out there shoveling snow :( Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...