Wednesday, February 28, 2018

A Masculine Card


We had a gorgeous spring day here today! Unfortunately tomorrow and Friday will be more rain and possibly more snow. This could be the winter that hates to end!

         One of my sons-in-law and my granddaughter have a birthday next week. Here is the card I made for the son-in-law.


I used my new Stampin’ Up Woodland embossing folder. I’ve wanted one for months and finally broke down and bought it. The inside was inked with the blue and the green before embossing. I attempted to stamp an old car on the bottom of it like I’ve seen on Pinterest but mine did not turn out. I think it was the ink I used. So instead of wasting the entire embossed piece, I simply cut off the bottom part; put a mask over a couple of the trees and stamped some evergreen trees. Then it was mounted on the Kraft cardstock; then the darker brown and then on to the Kraft card base. The deer was die cut with a Tim Holtz die and it is on the same brown cardstock as the second layer but before die cutting it I glued the brown to a piece of cardboard from a cereal box to make it thicker. The banner was die cut from the same brown and the sentiment is a peel-off.

          That’s all for a lovely Wednesday, February 28, 2018. I'll be back on Friday with the card I made for my granddaughter.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...