Monday, February 26, 2018

Too Many Candles.....


Mild days after a snowy winter coupled with rain, rain and more rain which meant the snow melted too quickly and caused a lot of flooding. The downtown area of the city was flooded on Saturday because the Thames River runs right through the middle of the city. The water was 5.2 m higher than normal – that’s 17 feet higher for you non-metric people! No wonder there was so much flooding. We were perfectly safe though even though we are only a few blocks from the river. There was one bright spot over the weekend - my Snow Drops are blooming. It's a bit early, but they are blooming. Here's a quick photo I snapped of them. I couldn't stay outside long because the rainy weather was playing havoc with my brain disorders and I didn't want to make them even more painful.



 Today’s card is another one made with the Art Impression stamp of the old couple with a birthday cake.



        Love this stamp and so glad I bought it. It was coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol. All the paper is from the stash. I used the orange cardstock die cut with the Spellbinder Scalloped square punch because I had coloured her shirt orange. I know must card makers pick the paper and then colour but I don't do ‘most’ most of the time. I sit and colour all the images while I’m watching hockey on television and then I make cards later on. The sentiment is from a HOTP stamp set – and oldie but one I used all the time. It is on a pair of QuicKutz die cut tags.

        That’s all for a nicer day with no rain or snow on Monday, February 26, 2018. I’ll be back on Wednesday with another card.



Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




1 comment:

  1. We are in the middle of a two day reprieve from the rain.. Gorgeous 65 F degrees , sunny.. Now we settle in for two more days of rain.. The Lake is nice and full.. They drain it down every Fall and Winter and we all complain but darn if it doesn't fill up every Spring.. Now it will be muddy until the middle of Summer..

    Love your card Violet.. That is a great stamp! Thanks so much for stopping by the blog.. Always love it when you visit.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...