Friday, March 2, 2018

A Beautiful You Card


The snow is back! On Monday it was so nice here with the sun shining and the temperatures in the high fifties (F). Yesterday – snow – wet snow – some freezing snow – high winds! All equal yuck to me. We didn’t get as much snow as they predicted we would but even a couple inches is a couple inches too much. Oh well, we stayed put today and I got some more quilt blocks completed.

        Next week is my one and only granddaughter’s 25th birthday. She is studying to be a veterinarian and we are so proud of the young woman she has become. This is the card I made for her.



        The image was stamped with one of the Beautiful You stamps from the Stampin’ Up set….love this set! The sentiment came with the set as well. The image was coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol and then clear Wink of Stella was added to her dress and hat. The background around her is chalk which I sponged one while it was still in the stitched rectangle die – Elizabeth Crafts set. It was then mounted on a yellow stitched rectangle and then onto the orange card base – which is really not quite that bright in real life. The sentiment is on a die cut tag and is popped up with a dimensional strip. Once it was all assembled I added the sequins. I think she will like it….no, I know she will because this girl likes anything people do for her or give her. I do not believe, even as a child, that she ever asked for anything. If we asked her what she wanted for Christmas or her birthday she immediately said, “Anything you buy will be wonderful”. We had to pry ideas out of her….still do in fact!

        That’s all for a snowy Friday. Have a wonderful, safe and creative weekend all and I’ll be back on Monday with another post.

Cheers

Violet

Don’t forget you are more than welcome to save any cards or other items I post to your Pinterest account for future reference. Simply place the curser over the picture until the Pinterest save sign shows up in the top left corner and enter. This will take you to your Pinterest account. If it doesn’t work, please leave a comment and let me know so I fix it. Thanks.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...