Monday, May 28, 2018

Two Cards Tonight


Saturday and Sunday were absolutely perfect early summer days or late spring days – hot but not humid with just a light breeze blowing. We spent both days hiking….not many migratory birds left to photograph but that’s okay. We just love being in the outdoors. However, today is another story. In fact, it was a lot hotter in the city last night than it was in the park but we were hoping the house would not get too hot overnight – we were wrong! At 1:00 I got up, closed the windows and turned the A/C on! Blessed cool air!

I just checked the weather channel – at 4:00 pm it is still 29C (84F) but with the humidity it feels like 36C (97F). Of course this hot humid weather usually sparks some thunderstorms and they are predicting those too. Apparently this is going to be one of the hottest summers on record….doesn’t surprise me after the record breaking cold winter we just lived through.

Yesterday I had a question in the comments about how to put a crown on a stamped image and I answered her by email. However, to put it simply, you stamp the image on scrap paper and use it as a mask. In her case, she was using a sticker so I suggested she just trace it and cut it out. Just go to YouTube and type in ‘masking stamps’ for lots of videos.

Today I’m posting two cards because they are quite similar.





The card uses the first, second and third generation stamping. If you are new to card making this means that I inked up my leaf stamp and stamped it three times without re-inking. The first one is that dark green and then the others get lighter each time. Sometimes I even get a fourth stamping in for a very light image that appears to be in the background. The sentiment and the dragonfly were die cut using Memory Box dies. The dragonfly is tiny and comes in two pieces….the wings are separate…which I didn’t know when I bought it…but it’s okay. I still like it.  I tied two different ribbons on them and then added some blue sequins. They were then glued to the basic white card base.

That’s all for a hot and humid Monday, May 28, 2018.

Cheers

Violet






1 comment:

  1. Hi Violet!!

    I have some catching up to do! Thank you so much for helping me out with the embossing.. I haven't done it yet.. With all my projects paper crafting usually falls by the wayside... Thank goodness for my monthly Postcard swap or i may never get any papercrafting done.. I hope that changes as some of these projects get done..

    I LOVE how you and hubby go hiking together.. I love to hike ... hubby would go but he doesn't love it as much as i do.. And it bothers his knees terribly and he pays for it for days..

    Your 1st, 2nd,3rd AND 4th generation stamping is incredible. What depth it gives to the finished piece..! Great cards Violet! Stay cool! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...