Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Water Park Fun


Still hot and humid here in Ontario but it feels like a thunderstorm is brewing. That should cool things off a bit.

I thought I’d post a scrapbook layout for a change.




We had our grandson for the weekend and he loves water parks and he told us this one the best one he has ever gone to – EVER!...in his sweet 6 year old voice! Because his bathing suit and matching T-shirt (which he insists on wearing) were red and blue I went with that colour combination in the layout. I happened to have a 12x12 piece of cardstock that had water droplets on it so that was an easy choice for the background. To mimic waves I just added the die cut scallops along the bottom. The photos were downloaded into a 8x8 inch digital file; then printed and mounted on red cardstock……and yes, I cut out the middle of the red! That way, I used some of it for the word ‘memories’ which was die cut with the Cuttlebug alphabet dies; the tag (QuicKutz) and the hand cut banner at the top left…..these three form the invisible triangle so your eye stays on the page. Amazing how that actually works.

The blue metal embellishment on the top left started out blue but I sanded off the embossed areas right down to the silver - it was fastened with a red brad. The large alphabet title started out a different colour and I just sponged on alcohol inks until I liked the colours. I remember once several years ago I bought three packages of bright pink alphabet letters at our local scrapbook store and when Kim asked me what in the world I was going to do with so many pink alphabets I told her I don’t care what colour they are now, I just sponge alcohol ink on them to change the colour to what I want. She was flabbergasted! She had never thought of doing that.

That’s all for a hot and humid Wednesday, May 30, 2018.

Cheers

Violet


1 comment:

  1. I learn so many things from you Violet! One of these days..... Maybe i'll actually get to scrapbooking... I hope so.. I have so many photos.. This is a really nice layout..And your grandson looks sooo cute!!!

    Don't you just LOVE all this humid weather...uuughh.. went for a walk last night and the air was so thick you could have cut it with a knife!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...