Friday, June 1, 2018

Another Dragonfly Card


The humid air seems to be going away for awhile so its windows open! All week the weather channel predicted severe thunderstorms for this area; big clouds would form and move off; and we never did get a storm, or even rain. Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day but another thunderstorm threatened for Sunday – we shall see. We will not have any hydro on Sunday – so no television, telephone or Internet! They are replacing a hydro pole right in front of our house so its lights out from 8:00 am until 3:00 pm…..but we wonder if they will do it if we do get hit with thunderstorms or will it be postponed until Monday?

Today’s card is another “lets try this and see if it works” kind of card.



I had this small piece of designer paper in the stash and it was just big enough for a standard card. I wondered what the Stampin’ Up dragonfly dies would look like over designer paper and decided it would work and glued them down. The black and white ribbon was glued down and wrapped around the back. I needed a black edging but I didn’t want to cut into a piece of black so I just ran a thick black pen down each side. It turned out just fine.

The label came from a Close to my Heart label stamp set that I picked up at the thrift store a couple of weeks ago. It had a dragonfly on it so I stamped it, and the sentiment; cut it out and attached it with dimensional tape. I didn’t like the bare spot above the sentiment so I stamped a small flower there. Once again, I added clear Stickles to the wings of the dragonflies.

That’s all for a beautiful day, Friday June 1, 2018. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and as long as our hydro is back on, I’ll be back with another card.

Cheers

Violet


1 comment:

  1. OMGoodness... Good sleeping weather is predicted tonight!! 60F I can do that! And event the next couple nights are expected to be nice.. in the 60's... When it starts hitting 70F at night it gets uncomfortable for me.. Its so strange to me that you call your electric pole a hydro pole.. Is that just Canadian for electric?? Hydro to me is water... ?? Or hmmm.. does your electricity come from a hydroelectric plant and maybe thats why you call it a hydro pole.. ?? LOL don't ask me why i got off on that.. lol

    I think that dragonfly die is pretty Violet. I'll bet the wings in person are a knock out!! Enjoy your less muggy weather and i hope your hydro gets fixed..!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...