Monday, June 4, 2018

A Masculine Card


Wow, that was a short summer. Our hot and humid weather is gone and although it’s sunny, it’s certainly not summer weather. It’s only about 18C (64F) during the day, much cooler at night. Most people this is perfect weather but I love the heat!

Last night I decided to head on down to the lower studio (aka the basement) and make a few cards. I need some masculine cards on hand. This is the first one I made.

 

I took an old greeting card and cut it down to 4”x5 ¼” and then die cut the centre out leaving as much as an even border as I could. Then it was taped to a piece of white cardstock that was also the same size. Once it was secure Broken China Distress Ink was sponged on through the die cut area.  Once it was removed, it was sprinkled with water to from some nice white spots.  Then I placed it in my Tim Holtz stamp positioner and stamped the trees (Inkadinkado) using grey ink and the sentiment in black ink. The deer is a Memory Box die which I die cut twice out of white cardstock and then glued them together to make it thicker. Various brown inks were sponged on top. It was then glued to the blue card base. I think it turned out okay.

That’s all for a sunny, but not hot, Monday, June 4, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

ps: To safe a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the symbol appears and click.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...