Friday, June 29, 2018

A Little Birdie Told Me....


The heat and humidity must be already affecting me – I almost forgot to post a card tonight. We are under a heat advisory – as is most of the country I think and down into United States. It is expected to be about 38C (89F) tomorrow but with the humidity is will feel like 44C (111F). We may go to the lake and just sit in the shade – it’s always cooler at the lake – or we may just sit in the air conditioned house!

Today’s card is another one using Tim Holtz Crazy Birds. Its a 5 1/2 square cards....they do not cost more to mail in Canada.




I dug through the yellow stash bin and pulled out some paper that matched and taped them together to form the background. I love sitting and making backgrounds…so relaxing. The vertical seam was covered with a die cut rope and the horizontal one was covered with the ribbon that goes through the Spellbinder’s ribbon die. The sentiment was computer generated. The bird was coloured quickly with Distress Ink and then die cut. The wing and nose were part of the accessory pack and they just add some dimension to the bird.

That’s all for a hot and humid Friday, June 29, 2018. My sister and her husband celebrate 60 years of marriage today – I was their flower girl….and yes, I do remember bits of it.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




1 comment:

  1. Hi there Violet!!

    I just love this yellow card. And i love the way you make up backgrounds... Simple but effective AND you use up your scraps.. :) I have a soft spot for TH birds too..

    I haven't been around to comment in a little while... life's been a little crazy... but i loved your Chick card too..with the sentiment you made up yourself and you KNOW i LOVE my postcard Birthday card!! :)

    I've started a little part time job working at the Hobb's State Park at the front desk... and i haven't quite figured out the balance of work/keeping the house up/craftroom/computer time...lol It will probably only be for the summer but thats okay .. It will be a little extra money and maybe they will invite me back next summer.. Stay Cool Violet!! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...