Monday, July 16, 2018

A Quick and Easy Card


Still unbearably hot and humid here in Ontario with the temperatures feeling like over 100F every day for the last 5 days. There may be a slight break in the humidity tomorrow though. Every day they predict severe thunderstorms…so far nothing but a short sprinkle of rain just after supper tonight….and I mean ‘short’. It was barely enough to dampen the sidewalk. We are under an open fire ban…as is most of Ontario…so those camping cannot have a campfire which is pretty bad seeing as a lot of them doing most of the cooking over an open fire. The thunderstorm threat has moved on and no rain expected now though until the weekend – figures! I’ve never had to water my flower beds as much as I have this year…..every other night at least and it takes me about an hour.

        I had just finished a two page scrapbook layout and I had two pieces of the background paper left over – about 7.5”x9” from each page. Instead of throwing them into the stash like I usually do I decided I had to use them….now! Here’s the first card I made. 


        I wanted to make quick and easy cards so I made a dark blue card base first. Then I took that striped paper and ran it through the Tim Holtz die that cuts the inside and leaves a border around it. I had it a little closer to the edge than I wanted but it worked. So it was a simple matter of gluing it over the blue cardstock; cutting that label; embossing the sentiment with white embossing powder and adhering it with a dimensional glue strip and the card was done. This is a nice masculine card to have in my stash now.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.








1 comment:

  1. What a nice card that is Violet! I love how it turned out. Simple but effective. Its been hot and humid here too as you know as i've told you over and over....lol uuuughhh.... When will Summer be over.. I'am literally gonna celebrate on our first cool day! BUT yesterday we DID get some rain!! A good rain!! Thank goodness!! It came done in buckets.. didn't last too long but boy we'll take it.. My birdbath sits full this morning and i didn't have to fill it.. :) The deer have been draining my birdbath twice a day.. I tell them 'Ladies theres a lake right over there' .. But they don't listen.. I guess i'm saving them a trip to the lake...lol.. Another funny thing i've noticed.. they like the water out of my hose better than the rain water.. Sometimes the rainwater birdbath will just sit untouched and i'll have to dump it and fill it with the hose before they do much with it.. Strange no?? Well girlfriend .. stay cool as best you can... at least we know this heat and humidity will pass.. eventually... Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...