Friday, July 13, 2018

A Scrapbook Layout



The hot and humid weather is creeping back and we had to turn the A/C back on. It’s going to feel like it’s over 100F again for the next few days….and of course, with the humidity comes thunderstorm warnings….we are hoping for some rain!   

We have two folding lawn chairs that have the foot rest and they are our favourites to take to the river when we just want to sit and read. The trouble is the bags ripped out. So, I took one ripped one into my favourite fabric shop, R.B. Fabrics, and picked out some rain-proof canvass to make new ones. The own, Rick, helped me figure out how much material I needed and gave me some tips on how to set up my machine for this heavy fabric. One is completed, one is about 90% done. It is awkward fabric to work with and when these are done, I’m going back to sewing with cotton! I wanted to get them done because when it’s this hot outside, we don’t ride the bikes, we sit at the river.

I thought I’d end the week with a scrapbook layout. We took two of our grandsons to Old Fort Malden a few years ago and here is the layout I did. 


I wanted to use my digital scrapbook templates so I downloaded the photos of some of the sights and demos we saw. There was one section that didn’t have a photo so I downloaded that polka dot digital paper, matched the colour to Jack’s shirt and added it in. The background paper came the way it is but I added that strip across the bottom. I liked the grunge look it gave. I added the journal strip but added the top and bottom brown pieces which were die cut with the Tim Holtz die and just used the middle bits.  


I used a different digital template for these photos. The title down the middle was also done on the computer. On this one I added some strips of sayings and more journaling.


Here are the two pages side by side. That’s all for a hot and humid Friday, July 13, 2018. Have a wonderful and safe weekend everyone and I’ll be back on Monday with another posting.



Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...