Wednesday, July 18, 2018

A Masculine Card


We are having a beautiful day here in Ontario – no humidity! The A/C is off again and the windows are open. Yesterday we took the bikes to Rondeau for a BBQ and bike ride. Today is take it easy day. I’ve been down in the lower studio (aka the basement) making some more cards….and using up the scraps. I reach into the pile, pull out either a piece of paper or a bag with bits of paper and make myself use them. I’m actually enjoying the process and you will see some of the results in future posts.

Today’s card is another masculine card using up the paper left over from the scrapbook layout. It was a digital/hybrid page so the photos were grouped and printed on a 8 ½ x 11 photo paper. I laid this on the background paper and then cut the area behind it ...I hate wasting paper. So, I’m using up the two pieces I cut out. Here’s another card I made.




I made a navy blue card base and glued the left over piece of designer paper down one side. To cover the seams, I die cut two black ropes and glued them on. Then the Tim Holtz old car was stamped with navy ink onto white cardstock and die cut with a Spellbinder’s circle. While it was still in the die I sponged some ink around the car. It was then mounted on a black die cut circle. The banner as hand cut and the sentiment heat embossed. It was attached with dimensional glue strips.

This turned out even better than I thought it would and I quite like it. That’s all for a lovely Wednesday, July 18, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.








2 comments:

  1. Lovely card,

    Thank you for Joining us at Happy Little stampers and waiting to see next time.

    Hugs
    Meena HLS AGD DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this masculine card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...