Wednesday, August 1, 2018

A Recycled Card


Well we survived a very wicket thunderstorm with absolute pounding rain that went on and on last night with no damage done so we are quite relieved. No tornado arrived either despite the dire warnings. More storms on the way today!

Sometimes when I sit down to make a card I struggle getting things to look right; other times, everything just falls into place. This card is one that belongs to the latter.

 A few friends quite often hand me a bag of greeting cards that they have received and hate to just throw out. They always ask if I can reuse them some how. This card was made with a flower embellishment I pulled off from one of the cards someone had given to me. I had pulled it off and tucked it away in the ‘I must use this one day’ pile….today was the day! I looked in my stash of green paper and found a piece of designer paper that looked nice behind it but it needed something else. So, I grabbed a piece of solid green and ran it through a Stampin’ Up die to die cut that lovely leafy piece and glued them both to a yellow card base. There was something stuck at the bottom of the flowers that was odd so I die cut a very small scalloped rectangle from a Spellbinder’s die…..one that I really thought I would never use…and glued it over the top. The sentiment was heat embossed in white first though. Then I decided the flower centres were too blah so I filled them up with yellow Stickles. Much better! Another card made and a few less bits in the stash.

That’s all for a day-after-a-big-storm-and-another-on-the-way Wednesday, August 1, 2018……August already? The summer is flying by too fast.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...