Monday, August 6, 2018

From the Purple Stash



Another hot and humid day here in Ontario. The temperatures have been in the high 90F but feeling like about 106F with the humidity for several days….with thunderstorms popping up all over. In fact, we could have a severe thunderstorm this afternoon and every day until next Monday! That’s been our summer – either hot and humid or raining!  Here’s a funny cartoon going around Facebook about the heat.




 Today’s card is another one that went together quickly and yet I really like how it turned out.






The flowers are from a free digi download from the Internet and they were coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol. I had this coloured up for awhile and never used it. I know the ‘experts’ suggest you pick the paper and then choose the colours that match but I like to just sit and colour while watching TV so I always have a pile ready to use when I want them. Besides, with the size of my paper stash I’ve had no problem finding paper to match!

Anyway, I first sponged on some Distress ink for the background and then used a stencil and other colours to give the background some texture. It’s a little hard to see in the picture unless you double click on it to enlarge it but in real life it looks nice. Then it was die cut with Elizabeth Designs stitched rectangle die. Because the flowers were purple I chose a light purple card base to use.  I dug though the purple stash and found that dark purple strip and glued it to the card base. It was easy to assemble the card. Then I added the die cut black butterfly and peel off sentiment. Black stickles were added to the centre of the flower.

That’s all for a hot and humid Monday, August 6, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...