Monday, August 27, 2018

Red and Yellow Dramatic Card


We had our three youngest grandsons for a few days, ages almost 14, 11, and 8. They are great boys but busy and loud. They had to go home today…..we miss them but we are both rather tired. It was a ridiculously hot and humid few days too and no relief from that until at least Thursday. This summer has been the worst for high temperatures, high humidity and thunderstorms.

I was looking through my pile of ‘stamped images but not coloured’ and found this one and decided it was time to make a card out of it.




 It was stamped on water colour paper so I used some shimmer paint to paint the red parts and then a light yellow for the background. I found another piece of water colour paper and splashed on some of they yellow and let it dry….then stamped the sentiment. Both pieces were trimmed down and then mounted on a red card base. This was really a quick and easy card and I like how it turned out. Too bad I don’t own that stamp. It was one from our local scrapbook store back when they used to rent them out. They don’t do that any longer.

That’s all for a hot and humid Monday, August 27, 2018 from a hot and tired card maker.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






1 comment:

  1. Violet that is one gorgeous stamp and therefor one gorgeous card! I'll bet the shimmer looks awesome!

    I totally agree with you on the hot and humid summer.. wow... We've been here three years now and i put this one down as the worst... I mentioned that to someone the other day and they disagreed and talked about temps in the 80's and rain.... The rain has been great but boy it is soooo humid!!! And the high temps started in May... I don't know to me it was a rough Summer.. We have one more day of temps in the 90's then we get a little break with a chance of rain.. fingers crossed..

    Glad you had time with the grandsons.. I used to spend every summer vacatioin with my grandparents in Florida... Hmmm wonder if i tired them out? :) lol you never think of that when your a kid.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...