Friday, August 31, 2018

White Embossed Image


        Finally the terrible humidity dropped on Wednesday night. Yesterday was actually cool….or maybe because we’ve been under a heat wave for so many weeks it felt cool! We went out to Rondeau for a bike ride and actually wore long sleeve shirts. Today is a little warmer but still nice. Unfortunately this is the last nice day because the dreaded humidity is returning tomorrow and sticking around for days….along with thunderstorms….same forecast all summer I think.

        Today’s card is another one that I made using an old stamped but never used image and paper from the stash. 


       This Poppy Power image was stamped with VersaMark ink and then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I have no idea what I had in mind when I stamped it but I decided it was time to make a card out of it. So I sponged on some Distress Inks to give it some colour and extended the colour out past the image. Then it was die cut with the Spellbinder’s circle die; mounted on a Spellbinder’s small scalloped circle in a coral colour – also from the stash. As I looked for some designer paper I found that background paper that had the same colours in it. To break it up I added a strip of plain green; Martha Stewart lace trim underneath; and silver peel-off strips along the edge. Then I die cut ‘celebrate’ with a die out of the same coral cardstock as the scallop circle. This alphabet set has the word celebrate in 3 separate dies instead of all one word which I find a bit annoying so I seldom use it. A hand tied chiffon bow was added at the end. This is a 5 ½” square card.

        That’s all for a lovely Friday August 30th, 2018. Have a wonderful, safe and creative weekend everyone!

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




1 comment:

  1. I think it does look quite different being white embossed Violet and i like it!! The humidity here has been awful... but then you would expect high humidity where i live lol... doesn't mean i like it.. ! I loathe it! So.... the air has been on waaay too much... not looking forward to the bill.. Can't be helped though.. I notice that every day this week is just a little cooler so maybe that will help.. :)

    Oh! And! Haaaapyyyy Biirrthdayyyy!!! :)
    Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...