Friday, September 14, 2018

A Dragonfly Card


Another week has flown by! I can’t believe it’s the middle of September already….especially when we are back to some hot and humid weather….no fall air this week!

Today’s card is another one that ended up completely different than I pictured it….yes, I’m back to no sketches to follow….and returning to “lets try this and see if it works”! 


 This is more of that paper pack that I’ve been using up. I started out cutting 1” bits of left over paper and arranged them in a quilt pattern called the “nine patch”; then mounted it on plain pink. I took the back side of some of the paper to create two blocks glued to a hot pink card base. I was simply going to add a small sentiment to the middle of the ‘nine patch’ but it was too blah. So I pulled out a white dragonfly wings (Stampin’ UP) and coloured it with inks and glued it on and then the black body. With the Sizzix greeting die set I die cut the ‘celebrate’ out of plain pink and glued it on the bottom strip. Not my favourite card but it will do.

Have a wonderful; safe and creative weekend everyone. I’ll be back on Monday with another posting. Its supposed to be great weather here for getting out doing some biking or hiking so I hope they are right. I expect we’ll get hit with the remnants of Hurricane Florence later in the week.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card Violet!! I just love dragonflies! and this one sure is pretty. We are back to hot too.. 90F today uuughh... I thought those days were over.. Mother Nature had me fooled.. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...