Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Two Cards Today


We are enjoying another beautiful day here in Ontario! We went for a quiet hour’s walk in a bush that is right in Chatham after breakfast....but alas, no birds this time. I always carry a camera with me….just in case! I would hate to miss one of those ‘Kodak moments’ as they used to say. We were both thrilled we got to see the Kiskadee yesterday. We waited over 2 hours on Saturday with only a blink of they eye sighting so yesterday was excellent…5 minutes in and we saw it. Sometimes it takes more patience that I have to get the right shot but when I do, its worth it.

In response to a comment from Deb yesterday – thanks! I’m glad you enjoy the birds and nature photographs that I post. Photography is just one more hobby I enjoy. I don’t have any expensive cameras like the ‘real’ photographers use….those with the huge lenses. I just have a shoot-and-point camera – a good one but still just a $500 camera – Nikon Coolpix.

Today I’m posting two cards because they are so similar.  



Both images were coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol. Both sentiments were computer generated. Both backgrounds are ones I made using various strips. Once the strips are glued down; they are trimmed to size and then I run them through various embossing folders. This not only gives them texture but it really helps hold them securely to the background paper the strips are glued too. This time I decided to use some scrap paper and glued them on an angle underneath the images instead of matting the image. I seldom do this but I like it. The sentiments are glued on with dimensional strips.

That’s all for a beautiful September 12, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...