Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Using Wide Ribbon on a Card


        This was one of the hottest days yet but it’s the last day of this horrid high humidity. In fact the temperatures will drop during the night after yet another thunderstorm passes over. Thank goodness they were able to fix the A/C yesterday!

        Today I had a quiet day in the lower studio (aka the basement) making some card fronts and using up some stash. I had two packs of 8x8 pretty papers and when I picked it up all kids of bits starting falling out. I decided right then to make some card fronts instead of putting them back in the pack. The trouble was I kept forgetting I was only going to make the fronts and I ended up making a few cards too. Here’s one of them….very different than what I usually make!




       That background paper was the only piece that was big enough to fit on a standard card. I was actually looking through my pink ribbon stash for something for another card when I found a piece of that wide lacy ribbon. I quickly set the other card aside and pulled out this one. I cut a piece of the ribbon just a bit longer than I needed and taped one end onto the back. Then I cut a piece of that narrow, slightly darker ribbon, and tied it in the centre. Then the other end was taped to the back. A glue dot was added to the back of the bow to keep it in place. The sentiment was die cut using the Sizzix greetings die set. Then all I had to do was glue it to the card base. A quick and easy card that turned out better than I thought it would. There is just one piece left of that ribbon and now I wish I had more. It came with the pile of ribbon one of my friends bought for me at her neighbour’s garage sale. She was sure I would want them. I would have paid her even if I didn’t want them but it turns out I use them a lot. Nice to have friends who know what you use and scoop up a bargain. She got about 8 huge jars full of ribbon for $10.00. Nice!

        After I got tired of making those pink/purple/green card fronts (and cards) I dumped out bags of strips of left over paper and make several scrappy card fronts. I got so sick of moving those bags of strips….and picking them up when I would spill them….I decided today was a good day to use them. I have scads of card fronts all ready to go now. This is a real time saver! You'll be seeing those cards in future posts.

        That’s all for a extremely hot and humid Wednesday, September 5, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.




1 comment:

  1. OOOOoooOooo LOVE that card Violet! Its really different! Look forward to seeing the other cards.

    We are waiting for remnants of TS Gordon.. They are expecting heavy rain for us Fri and Sat.. Ofcourse just when we were thinking of taking a little trip to Eureka Springs and Branson.. ah well.... I guess i can run between the rain drops.. lol Take care! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...