Monday, October 22, 2018

New Technique - So Much Fun


We had another beautiful day here today. Yesterday it was bitter cold and we went for a walk wearing our winter jackets….today most people were just wearing hoodies. Strange weather! Today was the Monday I go to the church to help make quilts for kids with cancer. There were a lot of us there today which was great….and so much fun!

Today I’m actually posting four cards because they are all done exactly the same way. I took them to the quilt guild meeting last week and everyone was puzzled as how I made them and didn’t believe me when I said they were quick to do. Here’s one.

 

         They look like metal but don’t feel like metal….and that’s because it’s paper. This started out as black cardstock which was run through an embossing folder. Then I ran VersaMark ink all over it; heavier on the embossed parts and lighter elsewhere. Then I dropped bits of Perfect Pearls (mostly metallic colours) of different colours all over it; then used a paint brush to blend them and made sure all of it was coloured with just a hint of black here and there. Then I had to give it a quick sprit of water to seal the Perfect Pearls. Then I simply glued it to the card base and added that funky yarn.

These could be used for any celebration but I made them into birthday cards.  Here are a few more cards using different embossing folders.

This was an embossing folder from Hot off the Press which I seldom use....but will be using it more now for sure. Everyone seemed to love this card. The sentiment is a peel-off.
 
I used lighter colours of Perfect Pearls for this card.

Different Perfect Pearls but same technique.


That’s all for a beautiful Monday October 22, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






3 comments:

  1. that is a nice idea, they look nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Violet as i'm sure everyone at the meeting already told you ... they are BEautiful!!! Wow ! That really makes all the details in the embossing stand out and pop!! Great technique! I don't even own a perfect pearl but now i may have to .. lol Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I'm definitely going to make this one. I have perfect pearls but didn't really know how to use them. Most of my attempts failed miserably. Thank you, Gail

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...