Friday, October 19, 2018

Emboss + Ink + Punches = A Beautiful Card


We’ve had a couple of nice days here with the temperatures near 60F but it is now raining and getting windy and the temperature is starting to slide down….of course it is, it’s the weekend! There is another rare bird for this area close by and we were going to go see if we could find it today but it was yard clean-up day and by the time we had all that done, we were both too tired to be bothered. Hopefully it sticks around for a few days.

Today’s card turned out even better than I thought it would. I’m still on the ‘use what you have’ kick……well, I was but today I ran into Michaels to get some rotary cutter blades and on the way out I saw 6” paper packs on sale 70% off. I told myself NO but myself didn’t listen and four of them just jumped into arms….hate it when that happens! Oh well, my new kick now is to ‘use up those 6” packs’!

Back to the card – made by using an old embossing folder and some die cut borders. The purple cardstock was cut 4” wide so there would be a small border showing of the 4.25” pink card base.

 
            I embossed the birds onto a piece of that never-ending purple cardstock and then ran a white ink pad over it to hi-lite those birds and flowers. Then I took one piece of the purple and some light pink and punched those fancy scallop borders …from Martha Stewart. Then I layered them on the bottom of the card leaving the bottom one quite long so I could heat emboss the sentiment in white. It was then mounted on a soft pink card base.
           Of course I couldn’t stop there. It needed some bling so a variety of pink gems was added to the flower centres.

That’s all for a now rainy Friday. Have a wonderful weekend everyone and I’ll be back on Monday with a new card…..and a new technique….at least for me…..one that had some friends wondering how the heck I did it! Can’t wait to show it to you.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.






1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...