Monday, November 19, 2018

A Silhouette Card


        It was a lovely fall day here today and we enjoyed a long walk thru Paxton’s Bush this morning. Joe spent the afternoon raking up the few leaves that had blown on the lawn…..just for something to do…and chatted with the neighbours….while I finished my grandson’s quilt top….now to get it quilted!

        When our local scrapbook store had a 50% off Christmas stamps and dies in the spring I treated myself to a few. I’m loving this silhouette die!

 
         This card is a little larger than I normally make but you have to go by the die. The plaid background paper is from a Tim Holtz 8” paper pack that I picked up 70% off at Michaels at the end of last year’s season. For the moon I just die cut a Spellbinder’s circle out of pale yellow cardstock and sponged Stampin’ Up Yo-Yo Yellow around the edges and into the moon a bit and I think a bit of Distress Ink, Spiced Marmalade, right around the outer edge. The bottom piece of designer paper came from a 6” pack and it was taped to the top piece right where the die cut bottom piece is. Once the silhouette was die cut it was just glued on. This was a quick and easy card but I really like it. I can see more silhouette dies coming to my house in the future.
        That’s all for a lovely…..just around the freezing mark so lovely for this time of the year….Monday, November-19-18.

         Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 





1 comment:

  1. Such a pretty card Violet! Love that you put a moon behind it and i'm in love with silhouettes too... Beautiful!! Turned into a nice sunny but chilly day here... Off from work tomorrow..woo hoo!!!! hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...