Friday, November 16, 2018

A Tag on a Card


            Well we had yet another taste of the winter weather to come overnight – snow, freezing rain, and back to snow…..luckily not that much of it…it barely covered the grass. My sister, who lives about 3 hours east of us, called this morning and it turns out they had over 5” of snow! Guess I shouldn’t complain but I am….We can expect more to come this weekend too….expect more complaining! I’m so not a winter person.

        Today’s card is a tag on a card. I’m trying to use up all the odd and ends in the Christmas stash and I’m surprised how much I like this card.

 

         The background paper is from a very old paper pack from Paper Wishes that I sort of forget to use every year…not sure why because its lovely paper but this year, I’m digging into it. So I cut two pieces and taped them together at the back and then added a gold peel-off strip across the seam. Not sure where the tag came from but I liked it, so I used it. It was flimsy paper so I glued it to a piece of cardstock; cut around it and inked the edges. The gold down the right side actually spells out Merry Christmas and it is a peel-off….not crazy about it but it fit the space and had to be used up….its easier to read in real life. I wanted something at the top of tag but didn’t like a snowflake brad or others that I had. Then I spotted the doves and liked it but it was white too…..that was fixed by running a gold Bic pen over it. Once everything was glued to the card base I decided it still needed more gold so I added gold peel-off strips all around the edges.

        That’s all for a cold and windy Friday, November 16, 2018. Wishing you all a happy and safe weekend and I’ll be back Monday with another card.

Speaking of cards, if you are a Canadian card maker and have extra Christmas cards consider making some and sending them to the military that will be sent overseas to our troops stationed there. No glitter please….not sure why but that’s what one person said. Send to:

Any Canadian Forces Member

P.O. Box 5140 Stn. Forces

Belleville, ON  K8N 5W6

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 







1 comment:

  1. Hellloo Violet!!!

    We are having a warm spell .. yesterday and today...60+ degrees... I'll take it! We got really cold early this year... brrr... Even had some snow but it did not last..

    What a pretty Christmas card Violet.. I think its really different with that tag. Love the gold!!

    Oh! And it sure does make me feel better that you have never seen Frost Flowers before either... :) Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...