Monday, November 26, 2018

Pop and Twist Number Two


        It’s been a cool, windy and rainy few days here but I’m just grateful the rain was rain and not snow! We may have some flurries overnight but flurries I can tolerate! Whenever it rains my brain disorders attack (trigeminal neuralgia and hemi-facial paralysis) and my creativity is limited….. but I like to keep busy so I’ve been un-mounting my wood stamps! Yikes. What a project but I have all the Christmas stamps un-mounted and some every day stamps. There are lots of videos on YouTube about this but some of them make it much more difficult than it has to be. I’ll explain how I do it on another posting if anyone is interested.

        Today I’m posting the second pop and twist card I made and I’m showing the video again in case you didn’t see last week’s posting. Here’s the video showing the cards opening.

    Here’s the second card.


               The background, minus the lower five snowflakes came from a 6” card pack. The snowman is a Stampenpous set which is now discontinued. It was quickly coloured and then I cut it out…no die set for this one. I also quickly cut a snow drift so he would have something to stand on. The lower five snowflakes were from a pack I picked up at the dollar store. Gems were added to all the snowflakes for just a little bling.

Here’s the inside of the card.


   

        Here’s a close-up of the two panels on the left.




        The snowflakes were again all stamped with some light blue ink throughout the entire card. This gives it some uniformity.

The sentiment on the far left came from the same set as the snowman on the front except the word, "snowmen" was missing so I just wrote it in.             The little bear…or dog…I couldn’t decide which it is…came from a small dollar stamp from Paper Wishes; as did the sentiment. I added some of the light blue ink, watered down, under him to look like ice.

 Here’s the far right panels. These start as 2 ½ by the way.




This dog/bear and sentiment is from the same set as the one on the left. In fact, the two are on one small stamp with their noses almost touching but I just inked them separately to fit on these small panels. The tree is from another small set.
Here's a close up of the centre two panels.
        If I had known how long these were going to take me to make I wouldn’t have started them but once I made one for one grandson, the other two had to get one as well. This grandma does not play favourites!

        That’s all for a rainy Monday, November 26, 2018.

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...