Thursday, December 20, 2018

Another Christmas Card


            This day, although very mild outside, is a downer! I started getting a cold yesterday and today, it’s got a good hold on me. I can’t remember the last time I had a cold. Joe gets them much more frequently than I do and I seldom catch his. He’s thinking he may be coming down with it too though.  Luckily I did get all the quilts for Christmas gifts finished and couriered off so now I can just sit and do nothing….or not much….I’m not much of a do nothing person.

        Today’s card is one I made using an old, and very likely retired, stamp from Stamping Bella.

 

         The image was coloured with pencils and blended with gamsol and then die cut with the Spellbinder’s oval die. This was glued to a Stampin’ Up die (also retired) cut piece from red cardstock. The background is Kraft cardstock that I ran through the embossing folder using the wood grain folder; sponged on some darker brown in and then splattered white paint on to look like snow. The rag is from the stash. Once it was all assembled I added glitter to the wreath. I have to do this last and set aside to dry or I smear it.

        That’s all for Wednesday, December 20, 2018…..can you believe it’s almost Christmas? It sure doesn’t feel like it here. We had a high of 8C (46F) here again today….but it’s now raining…. That’s okay, we don’t have shovel rain!!! No white Christmas for us though. I like a white Christmas but it can leave again on the 26th!

       

        Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 



1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you and hubby are coming down with a cold Violet. Well at least you can be sick together... if thats any comfort.. i think not.. :(

    Several people are sick at work.. I hope they keep it to themselves. Yesterday was crazy with 2 people out sick and 80 school kids coming to the park for a field trip.. Yesterday was supposed to be my day off....uuughhh..

    What a beautiful Christmas card Violet! I especially love the sparkly wreath and the texture from the embossing always grabs me! I hope you and Joe have a wonderful Christmas and feel better soon. Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...