Wednesday, January 2, 2019

A House Warming Card


Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a happy and safe holiday week. We had a quiet Christmas day but celebrated with family the following weekend. We are all so spread out its hard to get everyone free on the same day. Here’s a picture of my family minus one son-in-law who was home sick.

 



        There were also seven…yes seven, dogs roaming around so if they walked into the photo, they were in the photo. They were all rescue dogs that my daughters and granddaughter saved from being culled. One of them was a poor old girl who was found in the streets, abandoned by her owners when she got old......grrr curses to them. My daughter and hubby adopted her and she will know nothing but love until the end. They even bought a dog inhaler for her and give her a few puffs a day so she can breathe easier. Here she is getting a dose.

 

        Hubby loved one of my granddaughter’s dogs and Hershey seemed to like Joe too.

 

        Overall it was a wonderful visit with everyone. I made quilts for three of them but I’ll post those later. Unfortunately Joe and I are not completely over our colds. In fact, I have quite the sore throat and not much of a voice today. Hopefully after a couple days rest and it will finally leave.

My granddaughter and fiancée just bought their first house so I made them a card to go along with their house warming present.




       I die cut the house and removed the other houses on the strip as their house is in a very small town…village actually I think…on a half acre lot so no house sits right beside theirs. It was die cut in off-white cardstock and then I sponged some light brown on their house…green on the tree. They also have a lot of trees so I die cut some extra ones and added them in. They have three rescue dogs so I die cut three different dogs and placed them in the yard. Of course the yard had to be fenced so I die cut the fence and gate as well. One dog, the husky, is a bit of an escape artist so that’s him checking to see if he can squeeze through the gate.  Then I stamped the sentiment and die cut out the curved banner that matches the stamps. She loved it…especially because I was able to fit the three dogs in.

        That’s all for a damp and cloudy Wednesday, January 2, 2019. I’ll be back on Friday with another card.



Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...