Wednesday, January 16, 2019

A One Layer Card


            As expected my wonderful brother-in-law passed away yesterday. He and my sister were married for 61 ½ years and raised five children. He had his first stroke 15 years ago and Pearl has been his care taker ever since…lovingly so. She would take him in his wheelchair to where ever he wanted to go including traveling within Canada and to Holland, England, and on several cruises. Rest in peace Henry. You will be missed.

        On another sad note, my favourite store in Chatham is closing – our one and only scrapbook store, The Paper Pickle. Now we only have Michaels which is so expensive in Canada. It used to irk me that I would find products at Michaels more expensive than at our local scrapbook store…how is that possible? Greed, that’s how! Oh well, we do have some Canadian on-line stores we can buy from. One of the best ones is: www.scrappingreatdeals.com which is located just outside London, ON. If you have a favourite Canadian on-line crafting store, feel free to leave the link in the comments.

        Seeing as I’m a bit sad today, I’m posting another sympathy card.

 

 I bought this fancy die from Aliexpress and wasn’t sure what to do with it. So I die cut it twice and added one to the top and bottom of this card base. Then I cut a strip of white cardstock and glued it in the centre. The sentiment and flowers are silver peel-offs as are the silver lines along the edge of the white strip. I seldom ever do a one layer card but I do like how this one turned out. This could easily be a birthday, get well, thinking of you or anniversary card simply by changing the sentiment. So, I just might get more use out of that die than I thought I would.

        That’s all for a cold Wednesday, January 16, 2019. Take care all. I’ll be back on Friday with another card.

       

Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...