Friday, January 18, 2019

A Wild Life Quilt


        We had our first bit of snow last night – less than an inch but it was just a teaser. Everyone is bracing for a major snow storm and bitter cold temperatures this weekend – especially on Saturday. The long range forecast is posting snow almost every day for the next week too……grrrrr……hurry up spring!

        Today I’m posting a quilt I made for my granddaughter’s fiancée. He has retired from the military and I wasn’t sure if he was going to qualify for a Quilt of Valour or not so I started gathering up fabric for a personal QofV for him. Turned out he did qualify and received his QofV but I decided to make him a quilt anyway. He loves the great outdoors. He grew up in Northern Ontario and spent a lot of time fishing and hunting with his father; grandfather and brother. I knew just the right quilt to make for him…..a wildlife quilt!




        Most of these blocks were meant to be made into pillows; some are fabric from the bolt; some are border prints; and they are all different sizes and separated with a 1” black border....sorry about the camera glare. This is my own design so no pattern involved. He loved it. Whew!

        That’s all for a cold and snowy Friday. Take care over the weekend everyone….especially if you are in the Snowbelt area. I’ll be back on Monday with another card.   



Cheers

Violet

PS: To save a card to your Pinterest account, simply hover over the image until the ‘Pin It” symbol appears and then click…it sometimes take a few seconds. This will take you to your own Pinterest account to save the card.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...